Kindergarten Parents- We have made it to the end of our first week of Kindergarten!! It has been a week filled with fun and excitement! Your child is becoming familiar with rules and procedures of the school and classroom. The following are just a few reminders for Kindergarten students and parents:
- Your child has been provided with a daily take-home folder. This folder contains important information such as the WBE Discipline Plan, Kindergarten GSE Standards, information on Sight Words, SRA practice stories, and other helpful practice sheets. This folder is great way for parents and teachers to communicate. Check the folder each day for class work, homework, notes, newsletters, etc.. Please check, sign, and return your child’s folder DAILY. Parents can place notes inside the folder and send to school. Please do not hesitate to let your child’s teacher know if you have questions or concerns about anything.
- Your child’s daily take-home folder contains two calendars. The first calendar includes enrichment schedules, important dates, and weekly standards to practice. The other calendar includes your child’s behavior points. You can check this calendar to see how many points your child lost each day. There will be a check-mark beside the number of points lost for that day, and the reason for the lost points. You can find a full explanation of WBE’s Discipline Plan in your child’s folder.
- Please make plans to attend our WBE Kindergarten Orientation and Curriculum Night on Monday August 17, 2015 at 6:30 pm. We will be discussing Kindergarten Standards, procedures, Sight Words, Reading, Math, and how you can help your child at home. This meeting will be informative and beneficial to all parents/guardians of Kindergarten students. All parents are encouraged to attend.
- When sending money to school, please place all money in a sealed envelope with the student’s name, teacher’s name, and purpose of the money. A student will not be allowed to spend money that is not properly marked.
- Please be reminded that parents will not be allowed to walk students into the building in the mornings. This is a new Decatur County Policy to ensure the safety of students and staff. Please drop off your child in the front of the school. Adults will be present to ensure your child gets to the proper location safely. Kindergarten students arriving between 7:30-7:45 am will report to the lunchroom. Kindergarten students arriving after 7:45 am will report to the classroom.
- If your child has a change in his/her daily transportation, please send a note to school. Your child will not be allowed to go home a different way unless we receive a note signed by a parent. If a note is not received, your child will be sent home their regular way. Changes in transportation cannot be made after 3 pm.
- Please make sure your child wears tennis shoes to P.E.
- Ice cream is sold daily at lunch for $.75
- Please label your child’s jacket, book bag, etc.. with their first and last name.
- Please do not let your child bring toys, purses, etc.. to school. It is very distracting.
- Parents are encouraged to be involved in their child’s education. A successful school year depends on teachers, parents, students, and staff working together. Parents are encouraged to join PTO.
- Parents are encouraged to join Remind to receive text messages from your child’s teacher or school.
- Please make sure you have read the WBE handbook with your child and discussed rules and procedures. Please encourage your child to follow all school and classroom rules daily.
- Please send school supplies if you have not already done so.
- Please be reminded Decatur County Policy States all book bags must be clear or mesh.
- Please fill-out all school paperwork, nurse forms, information sheets, etc.. and return to school by Monday 8/17/15.
Thank you for a great start to a new year in Kindergarten!! We look forward to working with you and your child,
WBE Kindergarten Teachers
Mrs. Lyle firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. C. Smith email@example.com
Mrs. Strickland firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Watts email@example.com