The state assessment program includes customized summative criterion-referenced tests at the elementary, middle, and high school levels.For a detailed explanation of all state assessments, please click on assessment link below to access additional information available on the GADOE website.
Georgia Milestones Assessment System
The Georgia Milestones Assessment System (Georgia Milestones) is a comprehensive summative assessment program spanning grades 3 through high school. Georgia Milestones measures how well students have learned the knowledge and skills outlined in the state-adopted content standards in English Language Arts, mathematics, science, and social studies. Students in grades 3 through 8 take an end-of-grade assessment in English Language Arts and mathematics while students in grades 5 and 8 are also assessed in science and social studies. High school students take an end-of-course assessment for each of the ten courses designated by the State Board of Education.
Features the Georgia Milestone Assessment System include:
- open-ended (constructed-response) items in English Language Arts and mathematics (all grades and courses);
- a writing component (in response to passages read by students) at every grade level and course within the English Language Arts assessment;
- norm-referenced items in all content areas and courses, to complement the criterion-referenced information and to provide a national comparison; and
- transition to online administration over time, with online administration considered the primary mode of administration and paper-pencil as back-up until the transition is complete.
(Taken from the Georgia Department of Education)
- EOC - End of Course Assessments - Grades 9-12 (December/May)
- Tested courses: Ninth Grade Literature & Composition; American Literature & Composition; Coordinate Algebra; Analytic Geometry; Algebra; Geometry; Biology; Physical Science; United States History; and Economics/Business/Free Enterprise
- EOG - End of Grade Assessments - Grades 3-8 (April)
- ELA(Reading, Language and Writing) and Math - grades 3-8
- Science and Social Studies - 5th and 8th Grades Only
- STUDENT GROWTH OVERVIEW for parents (video)