WBE Parent Resource Center
All parents are welcome to visit our
Parent Resource Center anytime during
school hours and take advantage of
the helpful resources we have available.
MCKINNEY VENTO PROGRAM
McKinney Vento Program
If your family lacks a fixed, regular and adequate nighttime residence and is forced to live in any of the following situations:
- Sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or a similar reason (example: evicted from home, etc.).
- In a motel.
- In an emergency or transitional shelter.
- Have a primary nighttime residence that is not designed for or ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation for humans ( car, park, or campsite)
Then your children may have the right to:
- Enroll in school without proof of residency, immunization, school records, or other documents.
- Choose between their school of origin or the school zoned for where you are currently living, when feasible.
- Receive transportation to school.
- Attend school and participate in school programs with children who are not homeless. Children cannot be separated from the regular school program because they are homeless.
- Receive all the school services available to other students.
For more information you may contact your school administration or Chip Davis at 229-248-2835.