Thank you for your interest in applying for employment with Decatur County Schools. In order for your application to be placed in our active files the following requirements must be met:
- Your application must be filled out completely.
- The Criminal Record Background Check Permission Form must be signed.
- The Decatur County Schools Code of Conduct must be signed.
- The Federal Tax Form (w-4) and Georgia State Tax Form (G-4) must be completed and signed.
- If you are certified, you must send a copy of your current teaching certificate and Official transcripts.
- If you are not yet certified, you must send a copy of your college transcript indicating that you have completed a teacher preparation program and that your degree has been awarded.
- If you have graduated from a Georgia college and you are not certified, you must submit a copy of your GACE scores.
- You must submit a photocopy of two forms of identification for our records. These can be photocopies of your driver’s license and social security card.
- You must send the free forms to the people who you plan to use as references. The complete forms must be mailed back to us by your references.
When your application package is complete, it will be placed in our active files. When a vacancy occurs, our principals will look through these files to select qualified candidates who they wish to interview. IF you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly by the principal. All teacher applicants must be highly qualified as defined by the Elementary/Secondary Education Act (ESEA).
All current certified openings are advertised and posted in the Central Office, each Decatur County School, on the Decatur County Schools’ website www.dcboe.com and on the Georgia Teacher Recruitment website www.teachgeorgia.org. You may also contact the Personnel Office @ 229-248-2200 for information.
ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED WILL BE A PUBLIC RECORD AND WILL BE RELEASED UPON REQUEST, UNLESS EXEMPT OR CONFIDENTIAL.
Click Here to View the Available Openings and to begin the Online Application Process