Substitute Teacher/Secretary/Paraprofessional Application
Thank you for your interest in applying for employment with Decatur County Schools. In order for your application to be placed in our active files, the following requirements must be met.
- You must hold at least an Associates of Arts (AA) degree, Associates of Science (AS) degree or have 60 semester hours.
- You must send a copy or your college transcript indicating that you have been awarded an AA, AS degree or have completed 60 semester hours.
- You must have passed the Paraprofessional Assessment that is required in response to the federal legislation knows as Elementary Secondary Education Act (ESEA). You may obtain information about this test on the web at www.gace.nesinc.com or contact our personnel office.
- Have 5 years of secretarial/clerical experience (for secretaries only) please read and sign Social Security, page 2.
- Your application must be filled our completely.
- The criminal record background check permission form and the Decatur County Schools Code of Conduct form must be signed. IF you are hired, you will be required to be fingerprinted by our school police department at your own cost.
- Form W-4 and Form G-4 must be completed and signed.
- You must send a photocopy of two forms of identification for our records. These can be driver’s license and social security card.
When your application package is complete, it will be placed in our active files. When a vacancy occurs, our Principals/Supervisors look through these files to select qualified candidates whom they wish to interview. All current openings are advertised and posted in each Decatur County School, on the Decatur County Schools website: www.dcboe.com, or you may contact the Personnel Office @ 229-248-2200 for more information.
ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED WILL BE A PUBLIC RECORD WILL BE RELEASED UPON REQUEST, UNLESS EXEMPT OR CONFIDENTIAL.
Click Here to View the Available Openings and to begin the Online Application Process