McKinney Vento Program
If your family lacks a fixed, regular and adequate nighttime residence and is forced to live in any of the following situations:
- Sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or a similar reason (example: evicted from home, etc.).
- In a motel.
- In an emergency or transitional shelter.
- Have a primary nighttime residence that is not designed for or ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation for humans ( car, park, or campsite)
Then your children may have the right to:
- Enroll in school without proof of residency, immunization, school records, or other documents.
- Choose between their school of origin or the school zoned for where you are currently living, when feasible.
- Receive transportation to school.
- Attend school and participate in school programs with children who are not homeless. Children cannot be separated from the regular school program because they are homeless.
- Receive all the school services available to other students.
For more information you may contact your school administration or Chip Davis at 229-248-2835.